|High School||Ridgeview High School|
|GRADE POINT AVG. (GPA) :||3.7|
|NCAA Eligibility Number :||1504161302|
|RECRUITED BY :||Taylor Eidschun|
|Weight :||224 lbs|
# NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT STRONG HAND
20 Will Ratliff Center/PF 6’7” 215 Left
HIGH SCHOOL LOCATION GPA CLASS DOB
13.9 ppg, 12 rpg, 3.9 bpg
Despite playing at a very small high school and mainly against lower level competition, Will has established himself as a legitimate, left-handed versatile big man. While lacking the overall athleticism and length to play at a high college level, he displays good fundamentals and a variety of post skills at both ends. Also, looks to have had good coaching and has developed an excellent understanding of how to play the game. Needs to get much tougher and will take some patience, but does have potential to be a NAIA or Division III small college player.
- Paint Presence – Possesses length, reach, and an old school in the lane type of game.
- Unique & A Bit Unorthodox – Being left-handed a little unpredictable in a positive way.
- Basketball IQ – Understands the game and does a lot of the little things that often go unnoticed.
- Intensity & Focus – Appears to maintain his effort and concentration.
- Scoring In The Lane – Effective using post-up jump hook, shooting short face-up shot off one or two dribbles, rolling to the basket, and on the offensive glass.
- Strong Defensive Rebounder – Uses length, position, excellent hands, keeps the ball high, and throws quick outlet pass.
- Shot-Blocker – Outstanding contesting and challenging shots with his right hand.
- Sets Solid Screens & Rolls To The Basket – Holds ball screens and rolls looking for return pass.
- Elbow Potential – Still developing, but does show the ability to catch, pass, and make plays at the elbow.
My name is Will Ratliff, and I am #20 (twenty) on the Haysi High School Tigers basketball
team. Haysi is consolidating and next year we will be Ridgeview High School. I have been playing high school basketball since 2011 and became a proud member of
the varsity squad my sophomore year in 2013. I am currently 6 ft. 7 ins. tall and weigh 215 lbs.
Through hard work and determination, I was named a starter on the varsity squad in the post
position my sophomore year. That year I scored 201 points, 175 rebounds and blocked 48
shots. My junior year on Varsity proved to be more productive, having 348 points, 300
rebounds and 98 blocked shots, averaging 13.9 ppg, 12 rpg and 3.9 blocks. Both years (2013 &
2014) I received All Tournament Team Honors in the Annual Breaks Interstate Holiday Classic. I
believe my overall best contribution to my team is to know when to lead or when to follow.
There is a time and place for both. So I was truly honored my junior year (2014) when I
received the A.H.P. of Virginia Winter Sports Leadership Award. With the support of my team
and coaching staff, I received all Crooked Road Conference honors both my Sophomore
(Honorable Mention) and Junior years (2nd Team).
I currently have a 3.7 G.P.A. and am dual enrolled at Southwest Virginia Community
College. I hope to graduate High School with a higher GPA than I currently hold and go on to
play basketball with a reputable institution where I can excel at getting an above average
education. My passion for playing basketball and my efforts to achieve a higher GPA than last
year has proven to be a great combination in moving towards my senior year. I have also been
a member of the National Beta Club for 3 years and have volunteered my time supporting our
school and my community, and appreciate helping others every chance I can.
My dedication and hard work would be displayed to you always, on and off the court.
Given an opportunity to be a part of your team would be my privilege, so I thank you for your
thoughtful consideration in possibly selecting me, Will Ratliff, to be a member of your team and
a student at you’re school.
'Coaches' Please provide me with your feedback
|Level of Interest:|